- Warmly welcome all visitors
- Provide information about our church and denomination
- Provide a pathway to membership
- Integrate new members into the congregation
- Foster a sense of belonging in our church community
- Review members’ level of involvement
- Maintain a complete and accurate membership database
The Membership Committee is responsible for having two Greeters each Sunday morning to open the door, welcome everyone, hand out the Orders of Service, and take the collection.
We select and train the Welcome Ambassadors who staff the Welcome Table each Sunday before and after the service to especially welcome first time visitors and answer any questions about our church.
We plan, schedule, and facilitate Newcomers Classes for those want to learn more about Unitarian Universalism and our congregation and may wish to become Members.
We lead the New Member Ceremony during Sunday worship when individuals join the church.
We maintain the church membership database and issue the directory of photos and contact information for Members and active nonmembers of our church community.
We plan and coordinate Mini-mixers for new Members and Circle Suppers in Members’ homes to help people connect with one another in small group social settings. We plan or support church wide social events.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org