The Purpose of our Traveling Chalice is to deepen our connection to our faith using one of our most familiar Unitarian Universalist symbols. The light of the Chalice connects us all together and is a sacred element of our beloved community. We encourage you to use this chalice and the box contents to create meaningful rituals that connect you and/or your family to our faith.
How it Works
- Each week a family/household (not just those with children) will take home the Traveling Chalice, inside a special box. A sign-up sheet will be located at the Welcome Table in the Sanctuary.
- You may want to use the Chalice during your meals, family meetings, or as a waking or bedtime ritual. Choose a reading from the materials provided or make your own.
- Take a photo and share about your experience with the chalice on the Unitarian Universalists of NE Florida Facebook page or send it to our DLRE, Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org (is the Chalice on your dining room table, mantle, next to a bedside table?)
- Write, draw, paint, include photos, make a collage in the journal. How did the chalice enrich your experience? In what ways was the chalice used? If you created your own reading, please considering sharing it in the journal.
- Bring the box and all of its contents back to church the following week so that the next family/household may use it.
The box includes:
A clay pot chalice
Wax votive candle
UUA family prayers booklet
Adapted from materials provided by Cory M. Ness, Director of Religious Education from the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Shenandoah.